Matt Schoeneman grew up in southern Washington near the Oregon border. He's a University of Washington alum and a veteran of both the IT Consulting and restaurant industries. Matt has been working in sales for Zillow.com for the past 5 years, he bought a house two years ago, got married just over a year ago, and had his first kid this year in March.
In today's episode, we dive into the challenges we often face as young professionals once we get married and decide to start a family. Matt tells us about his money habits, what his journey has been like building financial independence and freedom, and discusses the challenges he's faced through difficult conversations with his spouse as they learn to manage their financial lives together and he learns to balance work, life, and family.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What's in this Episode:
- Matt’s struggles in finding his career path and the success he’s seen since.
- How he envisioned his future when he graduated college in 2007.
- The relationship Matt has had with his money since he was a kid and the money lessons he learned from his parents growing up.
- His healthy money habits.
- How Matt’s relationship with money has changed since buying a house, getting married, and having his first kid.
- The best aspects of this stage of his life and career aside from having his first kid.
- What Matt envisions for his future 10 years from now.
- What financial independence means to him and his advice for those working towards financial independence in their own lives.